This recipe is adapted from the classic cookbook, More-With-Less, which was a standard reference book and cookbook. These are homey and comforting; they last well, and they take about 5 minutes to mix up.
Adapted from More-With-Less. Makes 12 muffins
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Heat the oven to 425°F. Grease a muffin pan, or line the wells with paper muffin cups.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir in the oats and raisins.
3. In a large measuring cup, whisk the olive oil with the egg and milk. Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the cinnamon topping together in a small bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the muffin batter.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a rack until they are cool enough to be handled. Remove from the pan and eat while warm, or let cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
recipe and photo credit from: thekitchn.com