Make your own take-out at home with this super easy chicken lo mein inspired recipe. This easy mid-week dinner recipe is loaded with nutritive veggies, and ready in 15 minutes. Flavor overload!
Serving Size: 4-5
- 1 lb (450g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned or shredded
- 8 ounces (225g) spaghetti noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets, rinsed
- Fresh chopped scallion, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- For the sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or honey)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot with boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Add the broccoli florets the last 5 minutes of cooking and let them cook with pasta until tender. Drain the noodles and broccoli and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper and black pepper in a small bowl.
3. Season chicken strips to taste with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to a medium-sized skillet and cook chicken in an even layer over medium heat, turning from time to time for 2 or 3 minutes, until slightly golden. Stir in the garlic, and carrots and cook for a minute more, until cooked through but not overdone.
4. Transfer the cooked spaghetti and broccoli to the skillet and pour the sauce on top and toss until fully incorporated. Reheat for a couple of minutes and serve, garnished with scallion and toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo credit: Eatwell101.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes