Quick and easy apple tart you can make for you family fro Rosh Hashanah or any autumn day!
Serving Size: 4-6
- 1-2 crispy sweet apples, cored and thinly sliced (unpeeled)
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 lemon
- powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold puff pastry sheet and cut it in half down the center (don’t worry about the creases from the folding, they will disappear during baking). Place the halves on a greased cookie sheet.
- Add honey to a microwave-proof bowl and heat in the microwave until warm, about 20 seconds. Brush the puff pastry with the warm honey. Mix the apple slices with lemon juice and place them along the length of the puff pastry, overlapping over each other. Brush the apples with additional honey (warm the honey again, if necessary). Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until pastry has puffed up and is golden brown around the edges.
- Drizzle with additional honey and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- This tart cannot be frozen (the apples will turn soggy) but it may be prepared in advance. Just warm it in the oven to crisp up the pastry before serving.
Recipe and Photo credit: www.busyinbrooklyn.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes