Let’s add some of the fall mania to our love for pancakes.
These are soft, squishy little bites that are reminiscent of the fluffiest pancakes. Filled with fresh chopped apples, brown sugar, apple pie spice, and just a hint of lemon juice for that tiny bit of tartness, Apple Pie Pancake Muffins taste exactly like a big stack of … apple pie pancakes?
Apple Pie Pancake Muffins mix up just like pancake batter, but have delicious apple pie filling folded right in. Drizzled with glaze or syrup, these sweet little treats are sure to be a hit.
For the Apple Filling:
1 cup chopped apples
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of salt
For the Batter:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Glaze (optional):
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 16 cups in a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Toss together the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
4. Measure milk into a liquid measuring cup. Add the egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Lightly beat with a fork. Then stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the apple filling.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups 1 heaping tablespoon at a time.
6. Bake for 12 minutes.
7. Let muffins cool slightly before removing them from the pan.
8. To make the optional glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk until smooth. Add more milk to reach your desired consistency, up to another tablespoon.
9.Drizzle the glaze over the pancake muffins, sprinkle them with powdered sugar, or serve with syrup
recipe from: sugardishme.com