Autumn in a Drink!
Serving Size: 4-6
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 orange, cut in half
- 1 cinnamon sticks (+ 4-6 for garnish)
- 2 whole star anise (+4-6 for garnish)
- 4 whole cloves
- Pour water & apple juice into a small sauce pot. Add sugar and whisk to dissolve. Take one half of orange and peel two long pieces of rind. Slice other orange half into half moons and set aside. Place orange rind, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 whole star anise, and 4 whole cloves into sugar mixture. Place over medium high heat, and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove spiced simple syrup from heat and strain into a bowl. Let cool for 20-30 minutes, or chill over night.
- Pour spiced simple syrup into a large pitcher, and pour a (1.8qt) bottle of Gold Peak Unsweetened Tea into the pitcher. Mix tea and simple syrup together with a spoon or whisk. Feel free to add more or less syrup to your desired taste. Then pour spiced tea into ice filled glasses, and garnish with an orange slice, cinnamon stick, and star anise.
Recipe and Photo credit: www.avestyles.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes