Who says chicken fingers aren’t for grown-ups?
TOTAL TIME: 0:25
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken cutlets
1 1/2 c. panko crumbs
1 tbsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 c. whole-grain Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. honey
6 c. mixed greens
2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut chicken cutlets into 1 ½” strips. In a shallow dish, combine panko, lemon zest, and thyme; season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Dip chicken strips one by one in eggs, then in bread crumb mixture, pressing lightly to make sure crumbs adhere. Transfer strips on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Increase heat to broil, then cook until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and honey. In a large bowl, toss mixed greens with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe and photo credit from: delish.com