Serving Size: 4
- 4 1-inch thick pork loin chops
- 2 – 3 tablespoons bbq dry rub
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or clarified butter*
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 – 3 large firm ripe peaches
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- kosher salt to taste
- Season pork chops generously on all sides with bbq rub. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover peaches. Bring a pot of water to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cross score the bottom of the peaches. Fill a bowl with ice water and set aside. Place peaches in a pot for 10 – 20 seconds. Using a slotted spoon transfer to ice water. When cool enough to handle cut the peaches in half and gently twist to separate. Using a paring knife peel the skin of the peaches. Slice the peach halves into 1/4-inch slices, set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ghee to the skillet. Add onions and saute for 3 – 5 minutes. Add garlic, peaches, ginger, and rosemary. Season with salt and saute for 5 minutes or until peaches are tender but not falling apart. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat grill to medium heat, until you can hold your hand over the grill for 4 – 5 seconds. Place the pork chops on the grill on direct heat for 2 – 3 minutes each side. Move the chops to indirect heat and cover the grill. Cook the tops until they or firm to the touch or reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chops to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes. Reheat the peaches. Serve chops topped with peaches.
Photo and Recipe credit: thenoshery.com