“Blackened fish tacos are paired with a refreshing avocado, cilantro and lime sauce for an epic taco combo! They make a great healthy gluten-free dinner or lunch recipe and can be made with tilapia, cod, or any other white-fleshed fish.” – www.evolvingtable.com
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. tilapia fillets or other white-fleshed fish fillets, approximately ¾ – 1 inch thick*
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 – ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper depending on your spice preference
- ¼ tsp. oregano dried
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt or dairy-free, plain
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice fresh
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro plus more for serving
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup queso fresco crumbled, optional
In a small bowl combine blackened seasoning ingredients. Toss to combine.
Sprinkle blackened seasoning over both sides of the fish fillets. Rub into seasoning into the fillets.
Place 2-3 tablespoons of oil into a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Add fish fillets to heated skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on both sides.*
While fish fillets are cooking, place avocado, yogurt, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon cilantro into a small food processor or blender. Process until completely smooth and thoroughly combined.
Serve cooked fish on corn tortillas with avocado sauce, cabbage, additional cilantro, green onions and queso fresca.
Recipe and Photo credit: www.evolvingtable.com
DISCLAIMER: We do not own any of these recipes. All rights are reserved to the creator linked above.
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes