This lower-sodium soup, packed with broccoli and spinach, is an easy and filling meal.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 1 package(s) (5-ounce) baby spinach
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 5 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken stock
- 4 cup(s) packed fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon zest
- Snip end of spinach bag and microwave 2 minutes or until wilted. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach.
- Sauté onion in melted butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in stock; stir in broccoli. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in wilted spinach and cream. Process soup with an immersion blender (or carefully in batches in a blender) until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with Greek yogurt and lemon zest.
recipe from: countryliving.com