Sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy. Apples and peanut butter are all the good things.
These chewy dessert bars are layered with fresh apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, and peanut butter chips. Chewy Apple Peanut Butter Bars are easy to make and are totally addictive.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Serves: 16 bars
½ cupunsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups chopped apples (See Note)
1 cup peanut butter chips
½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 9 X 9 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then stir in the vanilla.
3. In another bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingretients. Then stir in the apples, peanut butter chips, and pecans.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan (the batter will be THICK).
6. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, and then cool completely before cutting into squares.
Note: If you prefer a firm more tart apple to balance the sweetness, try – Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Honey Crisp, etc. Also, chop the apples for these bars thinly (like for a pie) and then cut up the slices into rough 1″ pieces.
Recipe from: sugardishme.com