Rotisserie chicken and ready-made tortellini make this satisfying and healthy soup a snap to prepare.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 2 tablelespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds
- 6 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 piece(s) (3-inch) Parmesan rind (optional)
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 package(s) (9-ounce) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 pint(s) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Fresh torn basil leaves, for serving
- Sauté onion in hot oil in large saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and next 2 ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and next 2 ingredients; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini and tortellini and simmer 7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and lemon juice and cook 2 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Discard Parmesan rinds. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and basil.
recipe from: countryliving.com