These Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Cup Appetizers are the perfect finger food for New Years Eve and holiday parties. They’re easy to make and perfectly savory!
Serving Size: 12
- 1 1/2 sheets puff pastry dough, cut into 3 1/2 to 4 inch squares
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (or dried), chopped
- 1 small splash dry white wine
- a pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 blocks full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut your defrosted puff pastry into 3 1/2 to 4 inch squares and press gently into 12 muffin cups. Place the muffin tins in the freezer for the dough to firm up while you’re making the filling.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the diced onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme and saute until the vegetables are very soft. Add a splash of white wine and some salt and pepper too.
- Turn off the heat and turn the mushroom mixture out onto a plate to cool.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and the Parmesan cheese in a bowl with a spoon and add the cooled mushroom mixture, stirring to combine.
- Remove the muffin tins from the freezer and divide the cheese and mushroom mixture between the 12 puff pastry cups.
- Top each one with a little bit more Parmesan.
- Mix the egg with a splash of water and brush it onto the parts of the puff pastry that are visible (hanging over the sides of the muffin cups).
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the puff pastry is golden brown and the filling is bubbly (about 20 minutes).
- For best results, serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo credit: thebusybaker.ca
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes