Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Pasta Bake is a delicious, make-ahead, freezer-friendly dish that can be put together with what you have on hand.
Total Time: 50 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Dish Size: 2 Quart
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced, jarred sun-dried tomatoes in oil, plus 2 tablespoons sliced, for topping
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add pasta to a 2-quart dish. Add the onion mixture, diced sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, Alfredo sauce, salt and crushed red pepper to baker. Stir to combine well.
- Top the casserole with sun-dried tomato slices. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more. Serve immediately.
TIP: If making casserole ahead, cover and refrigerate overnight or freeze for up to one month. When ready to serve, defrost in the refrigerator overnight or take directly from the freezer. Place covered dish in cold oven; turn oven on and allow baker and oven to preheat together. Bake refrigerated casserole at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Bake frozen casserole at 350 degrees for 1 hour; uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
recipe from: www.temp-tations.com