Bet you didn’t know you could make stuffed bell peppers in your crockpot, did ya?
These take a few minutes of prep time, but you can make your morning go much easier if you prep these the night before and then just pop them in the crockpot in the morning and go about your day. You’ll come home to this melt in your mouth goodness.
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1.5 lbs raw ground chuck
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 (15oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheese blend. (I used Cheddar/Jack blend.)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Cut just the tops off the pepper and removed seeds and ribs from inside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cooked rice, 1/2 of the can of chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic, cheese, egg, salt and pepper.
3. Mix well until evenly combined.
4. Stuff peppers with mixture and place into crockpot, stuffed side up.
5. Pour stock over and around peppers.
6. Next, pour the rest of the canned tomatoes in.
7. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5-6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Top yours with a bit of cheese and serve right away. Yum!
Recipe from: familyfreshmeals.com