This set-it and forget-it recipe has a subtle and sweet peanut flavor. This is a great recipe to introduce some yummy Thai cuisine to your family. You can serve it over rice, noodles, as a salad topper, or in lettuce wraps.
- 2lbs, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts for topping
brown rice or noodles to serve over, large butter lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps
1/4 cup Cilantro, diced (as a topping)
1. Place peppers and onion at the bottom of the crockpot. This will act as a “stand” for the chicken, so it doesn’t dry out.
2. Next place chicken on top.
In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, lime juice, chicken broth, soy sauce, and honey. Pour sauce over chicken.
3. Cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6 on LOW. When 15 minutes remain of cooking time, shred chicken with two forks. Cover and continue cooking for the remainder of the time. Remove from crockpot and serve over brown rice, noodles, OR using as a salad topper or in lettuce wraps!
recipe from: familyfreshmeals.com