Apples and Apricots – a great combination. This easy 4-ingredient tasty crisp comes together in just 35 minutes.
YIELD: Makes approximately 9 4×3 crisps
1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
1 cup apricot preserve
1 tablespoon water
3 McIntosh apples, medium size
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line bake sheet with parchment paper.
Remove one pastry sheet from packaging and thaw according to instructions.
1. Unfold pasty sheet onto lightly floured surface.
2. Place apricot preserve and water in a small sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat and press mixture through a strainer to remove any solid pieces of fruit; set aside. Lightly beat egg in a bowl; set aside.
3. Peel, core and slice apples to 1/8 inch thickness. Place apple slices on top of pastry.
4. Brush tops of apples with apricot glaze. Brush pastry with egg mixture.
5. Bake at 4oo degrees for 15- 20 minutes or until pastry turns golden.
6. Remove from oven and let cool on rack.
*Optional: Pour remaining apricot glaze on top of apples until sunken well is filled then lightly brush pastry with a thin coat of apricot glaze. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until glaze is smooth. Remove from oven and let cool on rack.
You may have more glaze than you need.
For a stronger apricot flavor follow the optional step in the instructions.
These are best consumed the day they are made.
recipe from: bakersroyale.com