” Got lots of apples? Make this easy homemade apple butter recipe! Just a few simple ingredients and so much delicious Fall flavor!” – bakingamoment.com
Serving Size: 32
- about 4 pounds apples (roughly 9 medium-sized apples), peeled and cored
- 1 cup apple cider (NOT apple cider vinegar)
- 3/4 cup loosely packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
Place the apples, apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a large pot, and cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, (stirring occasionally) until the apples have become very soft (about 1 hour).
Use a hand blender to puree the mixture (or ladle it into a regular blender in batches) until smooth.
Place the puree back into the pot and continue to cook, uncovered, (stirring occasionally) until thick, velvety, and deep mahogany brown (about 1 hour).
Stir in the lemon juice, transfer the mixture to jars, and keep refrigerated.*
Recipe and Photo credit: bakingamoment.com
DISCLAIMER: We do not own any of these recipes. All rights are reserved to the creator linked above.
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes