This light and cheesy kosher Egg Souffle is perfect for a Sunday family meal. Serve with fresh bagels and fruit salad.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup cottage cheese
2 cups (8 ounces or 250 grams) grated cheese
1/2 stick (2 ounces or 60 grams) butter, melted
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 ounces (115 grams) sliced mushrooms
1 tomato, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease a 9×9 inch casserole dish.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs. Add all cheeses, butter, onion and mushrooms. Mix well.
4. Add flour mixture.
5. Pour into casserole dish.
6. Place slices of tomato on top and push in slightly. Sprinkle with parsley.
7. Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 40 minutes.
adapted from: kosherfood.about.com