Fresh, creamy mozzarella and crisp, juicy cherry tomatoes are a perfect combination. Add a red wine vinegar dressing with the bite of a little bit of garlic. Toss with some minced fresh parsley and you have a great, simple salad that is ready in no time at all. The hardest part is letting it marinate for 15 minutes before you eat it.
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh ciliegine mozzarella – small round cheese
- 2 tbs minced parsley
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic cube – minced
- 8 twists of black pepper
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half – I used a combination of yellow and red tomatoes.
- Slice mozzarella balls in half (you want the size to be similar to the sliced cherry tomatoes). It’s important to use fresh mozzarella in this salad.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic and pepper. Pour over mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle parsley over salad and toss gently until combined.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving so the flavors marinate.
You could eat this as a side, or toss it with pasta or add it to a quinoa or spring lettuce salad. Your options are endless.
adapted from: greenvalleykitchen.com