Homemade pasta dishes don’t get much easier than this one. It basically takes you the amount of time it takes to boil the pasta, but the butter, garlic, basil, and spinach make it fancy. It’s probably the quickest Olive-Garden-Chef’s-Special type of food you’ll ever make! You will even feel all-Italian (unless you are Italian) because there’s going to be a big pot of water with pasta on one end of the stove, and another large skillet at the other end. And you’re going to be stirrin’, and crushin’, and seasonin’… ooooooh, you gonna have a great time with this one!
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 20 mins
Serves: 4 to 6
8-ounces (half of 1-pound box) Farfalle Pasta
5 tablespoons butter
3 to 4 garlic cloves, crushed
5 cups fresh spinach
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, optional
1. Prepare pasta following the directions on the box.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat.
3. Add crushed garlic and continue to cook until fragrant.
4. Add spinach, season with salt, pepper, and basil, and cook until spinach is wilted; about 1 minute or so.
5. Remove from heat and pick out the garlic; discard. (optional)
6. Drain cooked pasta and add to spinach; mix well.
7. Top with fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings
recipe from: diethood.com