Feeling absolutely ready for summer? Just one sip of this raspberry peach lemonade and you’ll be instantly dreaming of those laid back summer days filled with sunshine, warm breezes and a perfect blue sky!
Serving Size: 8
RASPBERRY PEACH PUREE:
- 4 fresh peaches, pitted, then diced into large chunks
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 cups cold water
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice (from approximately 4 lemons)
- ice cubes
- additional raspberries, for garnish optional
- additional peach slices, for garnish optional
- mint sprigs, for garnish optional
- Add diced peaches, raspberries and water to a food processor or blender and process until pureed.
- Place a sieve over a large mixing bowl and pour peach raspberry puree into the sieve. Use the back of a large spoon to push the puree around so the liquid falls through the sieve and seeds/skin stay inside the sieve.
- Discard seeds/skin from the sieve and set mixing bowl with liquid in it aside.
- Add granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan and heat over MED heat until sugar dissolves into the water, stirring occasionally. Boil about 3 minutes until liquid has become syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add 7 cups water, lemon juice and ice cubes to a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Pour in cooled simple syrup and peach raspberry liquid. Stir to combine again.
- Store covered in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve chilled with garnishes, if desired
Photo and Recipe credit: Thechunkychef.com