Beautifully browned, richly flavored, juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender. These baked drumsticks are a hit every time. Delicious and so addictive!
Serving Size: 6
- 4 lbs chicken drumsticks (or chicken legs)
For the marinade
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 5 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 inch ginger root (peeled and grated, or use 1/4 tsp powdered ginger)
- ½ tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade and mix with a fork. Set aside.
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag. Add the marinade. Expel as much air from the bag as possible and close. Marinate overnight and up to 24 hours, or at least several hours.
- If baking drumsticks immediately, massage them in the bag with the marinade for about 5 minutes. This will be sufficient to get a good amount of marinade and flavor inside the meat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Transfer the drumsticks and all of the marinade into a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 185°F and the drumsticks are nicely browned on top.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve hot, with pan juices and your favorite side dish (e.g. mashed potatoes, rice, etc.)
Recipe and Photo credit: cravingtasty.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes