“Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are an easy recipe for a bright and sunny breakfast. Moist lemon infused muffins made with Greek yogurt and a slight crunch from poppy seeds. Soft and crunchy at the same time, these classic muffins are a win-win.” – omgchocolatedesserts.com
Serving Size: 12
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5.5 tablespoons unsalted butter-room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with paper liners and set aside.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds, set aside.
- Beat the butter on high speed until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute), then add sugar and cream together. Add eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest and greek yogurt, mix just to combine. Add lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Finally, add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling them about 3/4 full with muffin batter. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F degrees, then lower the oven temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, stir together powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the muffins. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days or freeze up to two months.
Recipe and Photo credit: omgchocolatedesserts.com
DISCLAIMER: We do not own any of these recipes. All rights are reserved to the creator linked above.
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes