Who doesn’t love a nice gooey lasagna on a cold day. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal or to a potluck. Just prep everything the night before and pop in the oven to heat up when you need it. Yum.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 90 min
1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
1 lb ground Italian sausage
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ground oregano
1 teaspoon ground basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 (5 oz) package Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
9 oven ready lasagna noodles
2 (8 oz) packages mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a large saucepan, combine ground chuck, sausage onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbled; drain.
3. Return meat to pan and add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, parsley, and eggs.
5. Spoon 1/4 of sauce into bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Do not overlap noodles. Spread 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture over noodles, top with 1/4 of sauce and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, ending with sauce, reserving 1/3 of mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake 45 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from: Pauladeen.com