Here are some yummy griddled cakes with shredded sweet potatoes mixed with just a smidge of maple syrup and some spices for a nice balance of spicy and sweet. And, because Greek yogurt goes with pretty much everything, it is flavored up with some curry powder for dipping. Any leftover potato cakes are great for breakfast or brunch the next day!
Makes 6 cakes
Curried Greek Yogurt
- 7 ounces 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Maple Sweet Potato Cakes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Make Curried Greek Yogurt: In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Make Maple Sweet Potato Cakes: Place shredded potato in a large bowl and toss with salt. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a second large bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, white pepper, paprika and cinnamon. Using your hands, squeeze all excess liquid out of potato; discard liquid. Add potato, onion and breadcrumbs to egg mixture; toss to combine well.
- Form potato mixture into 6 cakes (they should be about 3 1/2-inches diameter and 1/2-inch thick). Heat a griddle or large nonstick pan over medium high-heat. Spray griddle with nonstick spray; place potato cakes on griddle.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the outside, flattening with spatula as they cook and flipping occasionally. Serve immediately with Curried Greek Yogurt.
Recipe from: food52.com