This Mediterranean Pasta Salad is tossed with tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, arugula, and feta then tossed with a tasty homemade lemon dressing
Serving Size: 8
- 8 oz farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 3 cups chopped fresh arugula
- 1/2-3/4 English cucumber
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2-3 TBSP fresh chopped parsley(optional)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 chttp://amzn.to/2fyn7Aup fresh lemon juice (via 1-2 large lemons)
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest plus extra to taste
- 2 TBSP plain dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, freshly. minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- First let’s make the dressing! Zest 1 lemon and set aside. Juice your lemons to yield 1/4 cup of juice and add to a small/medium mason jar. Add lemon zest and remaining dressing ingredients and close lid tightly. Shake to emulsify the dressing.
- Next cook pasta via package instructions. For farfalle you’ll boil the pasta in water for approx. 12-14 minutes.
- Chop arugula, cucumber, tomato and optional parsley and add to a large bowl. Save the avocado for just before serving.
- Once your pasta is perfectly al dente, strain in a colander and run cold water to halt the cooking process and chill the pasta slightly. Then add the drained pasta to your veggies an toss together.
- Shake once more if needed and add your dressing to the salad. Toss well to coat. Lastly add avocado and feta on top and gently fold into the salad. Add extra salt and pepper if desired and enjoy!
Recipe and Photo credit: peasandcrayons.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes