“Cinco de Mayo is coming and I’m totally making this delicious Mexican Street Corn Salad! It’s so refreshing, creamy, flavorful and super easy to make” – cookingformysoul.com
Serving Size: 6
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Olive oil for pan
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large avocado, small diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat some olive oil on high heat and cook corn undisturbed until slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes. Make sure to arrange in one layer, and do it in batches if needed. After the bottom of the corn has charred a bit, stir to get the other side slightly charred as well.
- Set aside and let it cool. Tip: arrange in a sheet pan to allow it to cool faster.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder. Add corn, onions, and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The add avocado and cotija cheese and stir slightly and carefully so the avocado doesn’t get mushy.
- Top with more cotija cheese crumbles and more cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!
Recipe and Photo credit: cookingformysoul.com
DISCLAIMER: We do not own any of these recipes. All rights are reserved to the creator linked above.
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes