Put down the phone. No need to call for delivery. This recipe is quicker, healthier, and tastier.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 13 mins
Total time: 23 mins
1½ lbs boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying)
Sesame seeds & sliced green onions for garnish, if desired
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup cornstarch
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
¾ cup pulp free orange juice concentrate, thawed (1/2 can)
3 tbsp barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1. Start by cutting 1½ pounds of chicken breasts into chunks (about 1 – 1½ cubes). Mix together soy sauce, cornstarch and water. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Allow the chicken to marinate for 5 minutes.
2. While it is marinating, prepare the orange sauce so that it is ready when you need it later. Mix together oil, pulp-free orange juice concentrate and barbecue sauce.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon and carefully add it to the skillet. Stir-fry the chicken, over medium-high heat, for 5-7 minutes until golden and cooked through.
4. Add the orange sauce to the chicken and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened.
5. Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired. Serve over rice or noodles.
Recipe and photo credit: thegunnysack.com