Made with fresh peaches, this homey cobbler captures the essence of summer. Scoops of vanilla ice cream add the finishing touch.
For tips on peeling peaches, click here: peeling peaches.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
3 lb. peaches, peeled, pitted and each cut into 8 slices
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. granulated sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbs. cornstarch
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 batch cobbler dough (see recipe)
1 egg, lightly beaten
Vanilla ice cream for serving
1. Preheat an oven to 425ºF.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the peaches, 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. granulated sugar, the brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and nutmeg. Transfer to a 2-quart rectangular baker and scatter the butter pieces on top.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the cobbler dough 1/4 inch thick. Tear the dough into 3-inch pieces and place on top of the peach filling. Brush the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the 1 tsp. granulated sugar.
4. Bake the cobbler for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF and bake until the topping is browned, 50 to 60 minutes more.
5. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for about 20 minutes. Serve the cobbler with vanilla ice cream.
recipe from: Williams-Sonoma Kitchen