There is dessert and there is over-the-top, drool-inducing deliciousness. Enter candy-stuffed, peanut butter-coated, Nutella-drizzled monkey bread.
I mean, who wouldn’t want to eat a candy-stuffed monkey bread?
¼ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
2 cans flaky layers buttermilk biscuits
16 Fun-Size Candy Bars
3 tablespoons butter
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Prepare both your biscuits and candy bars for a mini assembly line. Think small. Cut each biscuit into quarters for a total of 64 biscuit pieces.
3. Then, cut the fun-size candy bars into quarters. We used 16 bars total – a mix of Milk Way, Snickers and 100 Grand Bars.
4. Now wrap the dough around the candy pieces, being sure to seal the top with a firm pinch or twist.
5. Roll the balls of candy-stuffed dough in your pre-mixed cinnamon-sugar. Then place into the prepared Bundt pan. It seems complicated, but if you have all of your ingredients prepared you can wrap, coat in sugar, and place in the pan in one swift motion!
6. Next up: The ooey-gooey goodness that holds the whole thing together. Instead of the traditional monkey bread caramel, we uppped the ante with peanut butter sauce! And it turns out it’s ridiculously easy to make. Combine ½ cup of peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of butter in a microwavable bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Stir in ¼ cup of brown sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour that delicious-smelling sauce over your monkey bread.
7. Bake that beautiful bread for 20-25 minutes, checking for doneness. The tops should be golden brown but the center will still be slightly jiggly to the touch. That’s okay. You’re going to let it sit and it will gradually set, cooking a little more as it cools. After running a knife around the edges, letting it sit for about an hour, give it a flip.
8. Now you could stop there. Or you could keep going and drizzle melted Nutella (about ¼ cup) over the whole thing.
recipe from: pillsbury.com