Pomegranate is a fruit that has been cultivated and naturalized over the whole Mediterranean region since ancient times. They are high in antioxidants, have a sweet flavor, and have a gorgeous colorful appearance. Over the years they have grown in popularity and are used in Kosher recipes during Rosh Hashanah.
- 1 14oz. bag coleslaw
- 1 Granny Smith apple, julienned
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard (with mustard seeds)
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine coleslaw, apple matchsticks, pomegranate seeds and scallions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Variation:For sweeter coleslaw, increase honey by 1-2 tbsp and add chopped pitted dates.
recipe by: Chanie Apfelbaum on BusyinBrooklyn