No one will guess this showstopper dessert with luscious cinnamon frosting starts with a mix! It’s a year-round favorite
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla frosting
- 1-1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two well-greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and remaining cinnamon; spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Press walnuts lightly into frosting on sides of cake. Yield: 10-12 servings
recipe from: tasteofhome.com