There’s something about the smell of freshly baked blueberry muffins that makes me people happy and warm inside. It’s hard to be in a bad mood when you see those berries popping through the muffin tin.
Serving Size: 12
- 1 1/2 cups (all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries (about 1 cup frozen blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- Use a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk). Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick). Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ½ full.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.