” These easy Corn Fritters made from fresh sweet corn take only 25 minutes to cook from scratch. Make these as an appetizer or for an afternoon snack!” – www.babaganosh.org
Serving Size: 10 Fritters
- 3 cups corn kernels (thawed, if using frozen, or 2 cans of corn, or 3 large ears of corn if using fresh)
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and finely diced (optional, skip this if you don’t want any spice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves diced (or use any herb you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons Olive oil for frying
- Optional: Lime juice and extra cilantro for serving
Mash the corn kernels in a large bowl using a potato masher or a mojito muddler until most corn kernels are broken and some juice comes out. You can also pulse the corn in a food processor for a few seconds just to break them – be careful not to over-process and turn them into creamed corn.
Add the rest of the ingredients (jalapeno through salt) and mix well. I just used the same mojito muddler for mixing everything together – no need to get a whisk or another utensil dirty!
Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Use a heaping tablespoon or a melon baller to add the corn batter to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat, or until golden brown. Carefully flip and cook for another 3 minutes, or until the corn fritters are golden brown and cooked through.
Serve with some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.
Recipe and Photo credit: www.babaganosh.org
DISCLAIMER: We do not own any of these recipes. All rights are reserved to the creator linked above.
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes