The bright flavors of lemon and blueberry create perfect harmony in this distinctly lovely bread. Reduced-fat cream cheese adds richness to an otherwise light and fruity flavor, providing a sweet, satisfying quality we can’t get enough of.
Yield: 16 servings
1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon lemon extract
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat or regular baking mix
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven 350F. Spray a nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and lemon extract and continue to beat.
3. Gently stir baking mix and lemon rind. Carefully stir in blueberries. Fold batter into loaf pan.
4. Bake 50 to 60 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out clean.
5. After removing from oven, poke holes over top of bread in 1 in intervals.
6. In microwave-safe dish, combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice, heating until sugar is dissolved.
7. Glaze bread, slice, and serve.
recipe from: relish.com