Bake these up for the 4th of July or Memorial Day, they are perfect for feeding a crowd and so much easier than traditional cookies.
Serving Size: 18-36
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Red White & Blue M&M’S, plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined.
Add M&M’s and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M’s and mini chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
Press additional M&M’S and mini chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
Let cool completely and cut.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Number-2-Pencil.com