If you’ve never made a poke cake before, you have to try it! They are easy to make and so good, the Jell-O keeps the cake extra moist!
To make it really quick, this recipe starts with a boxed cake mix but if you have a favorite white cake recipe, by all means use that! Once the cake is done baking you’re going to poke it all over, the more holes the better! I use the end of a chopstick but the end of any sort of spoon will work perfectly! You’ll want your holes in somewhat of rows so you can alternate the red & blue Jell-O as you pour it over. We found it worked best to put the Jell-O in a squeeze bottle (you can grab them on Amazon or even use a ketchup squeeze bottle from the dollar store).
1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients called for on the box)
OR Your favorite homemade white cake recipe
1 package red Jell-O (4 serving size)
1 package blue Jell-O (4 serving size)
1 tub dessert topping
OR 2½ cups heavy cream & 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Prepare and bake cake in a 9×13 pan according to package directions or recipe.
2. Let cake cool 15 minutes. Using a chopstick or similar tool, poke holes all over the cake (I did 15 rows of 12).
3. Mix red Jell-O with ¾ cup boiling water until dissolved. Add ½ cup cold water. Pour red Jell-O into every other row of holes.
4. Repeat with blue Jell-O. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
5. If using, whip heavy cream & powdered sugar on medium until stiff peaks form. Spread over cake. Keep refrigerated until serving.
recipe from: spendwithpennies.com