A simple spice blend made with sumac, a slightly tart and fruity spice popular in North African and Middle Eastern cooking, livens up these roasted carrots. Finish the dish with a light sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
Serving Size: 4-6
- 1 tsp. ground sumac
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 bunches rainbow carrots, peeled and trimmed, and larger carrots halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Flaky sea salt for finishing
- Preheat an oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a small bowl, stir together the sumac, cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes and kosher salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots with the olive oil. Sprinkle the spice blend on top of the carrots and continue tossing until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat until warm. Add the carrots and toss two or three times. Transfer to the oven and roast until the carrots are just tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo credit: blog.williams-sonoma.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes