Okay, here we go! Just One week left until the Big Turkey Day! So much to do, so little time. Hopefully you’ve been able to follow our weekly planner these last couple of weeks. If not, go ahead and take a look at what you can accomplish:
But don’t panic, there is still time. For this week, here’s your “to-do” list:
- Plan seating arrangements and make place cards for your guests if you’ll be hosting a sit-down meal.
- Review your recipes and prepare a cooking schedule by day for the days ahead, and by the hour for Thanksgiving Day.
- If you didn’t order a fresh turkey, check thawing time for frozen turkey.
- Prepare guest room with fresh linens and other amenities.
- Freeze Soup – Vegetable soups can be easily frozen if they don’t have cream or eggs, making them an excellent do-ahead appetizer.
- Plan Ahead for Leftovers – Make it easy on yourself (and guests) by having containers and bags at the ready. Leftovers will need to be wrapped up within a few hours of finishing your meal, so better to be prepared.
- Will you need a high chair, crib, or booster seat? Bring them out and clean, or arrange to borrow these items from a friend or the parent.
- If children will be attending, get out games or movies for them. Or ask parents to bring things for the kids to do.
- Do any needed outdoor work like raking leaves or cleaning the glass on your front door.