These White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies are dreamy to say the least!
Serving Size: 44 cookies
- 1 2/3 cups (237g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 cup (98g) unsweetened cocoa powder (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened about halfway (it should be fairly firm still)
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (160g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 16 oz. white chocolate, broken or chopped
- 1/4 cup (approx) finely crushed peppermint bits (I used the King Leo ones)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out by a rounded tablespoon (about 25 grams each) and shape into balls (if dough is sticky you can chill as needed but mine wasn’t sticky at all).
- Space on cookies sheets 2-inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven about 8 minutes (cookies should appear slightly under-baked).
- Let cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes then transfer to an airtight container to fully cool.
- Once cookies are cool, melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring between intervals until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie in white chocolate then transfer to parchment paper and sprinkle with peppermint bits. Chill to let chocolate set about 10 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Recipe and Photo credit: www.cookingclassy.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes