“This cozy Winter Vegetable Soup is the perfect lunch or dinner for those chilly winter days!” – wellandfull.com
Serving Size: 4-6 bowls
- 2 Medium Carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 Medium Parsnips peeled and chopped
- 2 Large Celery Stalks chopped
- 1/2 White Onion chopped
- 1 Leek chopped, the white and light green parts
- Neutral Vegetable Oil
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Salt or more to taste
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Barley or wheatberries
- Fresh Parsley for garnishing
- Bring a drizzle of a neutral vegetable oil (like sunflower or avocado) to medium heat. Add in the chopped carrots, parsnips, celery, onion, and leeks and sauté for about 5-10 minutes, or until softened.
- Then, add in all other ingredients to the pot, and stir well.
- Cover the pot and simmer the soup for about 45-60 minutes, or until barley (or wheatberries) are soft.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley.
Recipe and Photo credit: wellandfull.com
If you make any of these recipes please share and post them to facebook and Insagram using the hashtag #grosvenormarketrecipes